Sports Medicine & Exercise Science Academy Students competed at Cal State University Northridge (CSUN) in California. Out of 47 teams, the Sports Medicine & Exercise Science students finished 4th.. moving up from last year and taking a more rigorous test.
Georgia Mitchell was named overall Champion; AACI Student Trainer of the Year. The criteria included:
- An Essay on how Sports Medicine has impacted her learning
- A scientific research article review and analysis
- Photos converted to jpeg demonstrating her ability to tape various injuries
- A 150 question written test
- A 5 question oral/practical test
- And a 8-12 minutes presentation in the Matadome at CSUN
Her essay was about her fear of public speaking… and she crowned the moment with a public presentation.