The online application window will open October 24th at 8am and close November 30th at 10pm
The essay questions are available now if students wish to get started preparing their essays.
Please click on the following link: Essay Questions
If there is any level of interest in an academy, it is recommended to apply.
- If during the application process the student changes their mind, they can withdraw their application.
- Additionally, if they complete the application process and are invited to an academy, but they decide it isn’t a good fit, they can decline the invitation.
- If a student doesn’t apply they don’t get the opportunity to go through the process and find out more details about the academies.
If a student accepts an invitation to an academy and begins the school year, it is expected that the student completes a full year in the academy before they have the option to withdraw due to a change of interest.
Online Application Process, Instructions and Draft – link will be available October 24th at 8am
Use the link above to prepare your application essays in order to copy and paste into the online application
(the online link is not active, but students are still welcome to draft essay answers for the 2018-2019 application season)
- Applications are NOT “first-come, first-served”.
- You will receive a confirmation email, to the email addresses provided in the application, the following day to both the student and parent emails that your application has been received.
- Be sure to check your spam/junk folder for both email addresses.
- If you do not receive a confirmation email by the end of the following day, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
On January 15, 2019, notifications will be emailed no earlier than 3:15pm to the email addresses provided in the online application (both student and parent). Please give the system time to deliver the emails.
Please be sure to check your junk/spam folders in both emails.
Letters will also be mailed home via US postal service the evening before.
Students will receive one of three notifications:
- Wait listed
- Not invited
If a student is invited, they are to either accept or decline the invitation and return the contract mailed to them via the US postal service or drop off at the appropriate high school office.
If a student is wait listed, an email will be sent to the addresses provided in the online application if slots become available.
Application Help Sessions
If you/your student feel they need one-on-one help with the technology of the application process, there will be help sessions at the following dates and locations. Staff and high school students will be on hand to help 8th grade students and parents understand the technology of applying online.
Students should come to the session with their Draft Application essays completed. The sessions are to help with the technology portion of the application and making sure it goes through. The sessions are NOT to assist in the actual writing the essays.
Tuesday, Nov 6th – Oregon Trail Middle School from 6-8pm
1800 W. Dennis Ave., Olathe, KS 66061
Monday, Nov 12th – OPS Technology Support Center from 6-8 pm
14250 S. Blackbob Road, Olathe, KS 66062
Monday, Nov 26th – Santa Fe Middle School from 6-8 pm
1100 N. Ridgeview Road, Olathe, KS 66061
Tuesday, Nov 27th – Prairie Trail Middle School from 6-8 pm
21600 W. 107th Street, Olathe, KS 66061