The online application window has closed.
If you didn’t get the chance to apply, please email 21Century@olatheschools.org for more information.
If there is any level of interest in an academy, it is recommended to apply.
- If during the application process the student changes their mind, they can withdraw their application.
- Additionally, if they complete the application process and are invited to an academy, but they decide it isn’t a good fit, they can decline the invitation.
- If a student doesn’t apply they don’t get the opportunity to go through the process and find out more details about the academies.
If a student accepts an invitation to an academy and begins the school year, it is expected that the student completes a full year in the academy before they have the option to withdraw due to a change of interest.
Click the link for a power-point presentation with notes.
Use the link above to prepare your application essays in order to copy and paste into the online application
(the online link is not active, but current 7th graders are still welcome to draft essay answers for the 2018-2019 application season)
- Applications are NOT “first-come, first-served” and there is NO time stamp.
- You will receive a confirmation email the following day to both the student and parent emails that your application has been received.
- Be sure to check your spam/junk folder for both email addresses.
- If you do not receive a confirmation email by the end of the following day, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
On January 26, 2018, notifications will be emailed no earlier than 3:15pm to the email addresses provided in the online application (both student and parent). Please give the system time to deliver the emails.
Please be sure to check your junk/spam folders in both emails.
Letters will also be mailed home via US postal service.
Students will receive one of three notifications:
- Wait listed
- Not invited
If a student is invited, they are to either accept or decline the invitation and return the contract mailed to them via the US postal service.
If a student is wait listed, an email will be sent to the addresses provided in the online application if slots become available.
Application Help Sessions
If you/your student feel they need one-on-one help with the application process, there will be help sessions at the four following dates and locations. Staff and high school students will be on hand to help 8th grade students and parents understand the process and actually apply onsite.
Help sessions have concluded for the 2017-2018 school year.