The BIOengineering Academy will be located at Olathe South High School.
Who We Are
Engineering Global Health Solutions
At the intersection of the medical and engineering fields, BIOengineering is for students who want to learn how to make things to help people across the range of global health challenges. Bioengineers are the people behind nearly every tool and implantable device used in medicine.
- Four years of specialized hands-on courses using latest technology to preparing entry into a variety of engineering or medicalrelated
- Collaborative teams learn engineering-design to take on challenges in global health
- Engage across the engineering disciplines with medical interventions and devices
What We Do
- Team approach to learning in all courses
- Interact with industry professionals who are inventing, developing, and bringing to market a wide range of medical techniques and devices.
- Opportunities to collaborate with medical professionals engineering research students and professors
- Opportunities to compete in local, regional, national competitions and design challenges
- More information: BIOengineering@olatheschools.org or 913.780.7160.