The Business Finance Academy will be located at Olathe South High School.
Who We Are
Accounting & Wealth Management
Turn your passion into profit. Graduates with a business degree have an inside track to the American Dream. Careers in the Accounting and Wealth Management area are experiencing high growth which is expected to continue. The fields of Accounting and Wealth Management explain why the 2008 recession occurred; it is the reason why people concern themselves with the stock market on a day to day basis. Become part of a cohort group studying business essentials and accounting processes your 9th and 10th grade year. Select an emphasis in either Accounting or Wealth Management to finish your endorsement.
- Understand principles of finance, investments, and wealth management
- Study the business and accounting cycles
- Practice ethical decision-making
- Develop an understanding of economic principles
What We Do
- Participate in job shadows, mentorships, and internships
- Join student organizations and compete at national leadership conferences including: regional and national High School Ethics Bowl; local, state and national DECA and FBLA competitions
- Tour the Federal Reserve, as well as other local businesses
- Attend guest speaker presentations
- Establish connections with universities through tours and workshops
- More information: BusinessFinance@olatheschools.org or 918.780.7160