The Design Academy is located at Olathe East High School.
Who We Are
Products, Architecture & More
Explore a variety of design fields, including architecture, industrial design, interior design, landscape design, graphic design, and engineering, using the design thinking process. Students in this four-year program:
- Learn industry standards for design careers
- Use industry standard equipment and CAD programs
- Work with industry partners on projects
- Learn design foundation skills and design thinking methods
- Participate in national competitions and partnerships
- Design real world solution projects for school and community
- What We Do
Look around… everything…everything…we use in everyday life was designed by someone. From the house or building we live in, the shoes and clothing we wear, the automobile we drive and ride in, the chair we sit in, the light we turn on and off, to the water bottle we drink from was designed by someone. Learn the foundational principles to design anything. Work on design projects from concept to completion including architecture, products, interior, display and much more.
- Access to industry standard equipment and technology, such as graphic and CAD software, a laser engraver and 3-D printer
- Complete a professional portfolio and learn presentation skills
- Work with industry professionals during projects and through conferences, competitions, guest lectures and mentorship opportunities
- More information: Design@olatheschools.org or 913.780.7120