The Green Tech Academy will be located at Olathe West High School.
Who We Are
Energy & Sustainability
Students will be prepared to pursue a career in the green technology field through problem solving, research, design, and professional learning experiences. Students in this four-year program:
- Develop an understanding of the interconnectedness of humans and the environment
- Learn how fossil and alternative fuels affect both the global economy and climate
- Study and debate local, national, and global environmental legislation
- Design and build alternative energy systems for cars, homes, or businesses
What We Do
- Study sustainable building design in the state’s only Energy Star rated high school
- Maintain the school’s rain gardens and green roof system
- Use industry-level training systems to generate, transmit and monitor electricity
- Perform home and school energy audits and implement plans to reduce energy consumption
- Visit local water treatment and energy production facilities
- More information: GreenTech@olatheschools.org or 913.780.7180.