The Public Safety Academy is located at Olathe West High School.
Who We Are
Law Enforcement and Fire Rescue
Students in the 21st Century Public Safety Academy will gain the knowledge and skills necessary for post-secondary experiences in
the professions of fire rescue or law enforcement. Students will learn specific content knowledge, hands-on skills, and employment
skills which focus on team work, problem-solving, decision making, speaking and listening, and the necessary physical skills involved
within the professions.
What We Do
- Participate in self-defense and obstacle course training activities that are utilized by local law enforcement professionals
- Apply local, state, and federal laws to real-world law enforcement scenarios and evaluate their use in the pursuit of justice
- Learn how to document, process, photograph and analyze evidence from a crime scene
- Develop skills for effective communication with the Spanish speaking community during emergency response situations
- Explore fire department communications, fire ground operations, rescue operations, safety, preparedness, and maintenance
- Earn a Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) certification which is needed for employment in the fire rescue profession
- For more information please visit: http://publicsafety.olatheschools.org
- Contact Information: PublicSafety@olatheschools.org or 913.780.7180.