See what’s happening to support our program in 2014-15
ProStart National Competition, Anaheim, CA 2015
What happened last year…
Jan 13, 2014-Dr. Dan from KState presentation:
- Dr. Daniel U. Thomson, PhD, DVM
- Professor, Assistant Dean
- Jones Professor of Production Medicine and Epidemiology
- College of Veterinary Medicine
Jan 16, 2014-Career Counselors luncheon
Jan 28, 2014-Leadership luncheon
Jan 31, 2014-Les Arts Culinaires
Feb 28, 2014-Les Arts Culinaires
Mar 4 & 5, 2014-Kansas ProStart State Competition in Wichita
Mar 28, 2014-Les Arts Culinaires
Apr 3, 2014-Skills USA competition
Apr 7, 2014-KSDE KS teachers luncheon
Apr 8, 2014-ACF Meeting/dinner
Apr 16, 2014-Site Council dinner
Winter/Spring 2012May 15, 2013-The Cutting Edge Tour Media Alert
Seeking America’s Top Teen Chef-Students from Olathe Public Schools, Eudora, and Wichita competed to win an opportunity to cook for Vice President Joe Biden. Dylan Magaster won the competition at Olathe North, but was not in the top 3 to compete yet again for the grand prize. Dylan did an awesome job and his dish was wonderful!
April 26 & 27-ProStart National Competition-Baltimore, MD
The Culinary team took 4th place in the National level of competition
The Management team took 12th place in the National level of competition
The Olathe Public Schools Culinary group swept the Kansas State Prostart Competition:
Mar 25, 2013-Event was held at the Wichita Hilton Airport Executive Conference Center.
1st place in Culinary, Managment, and Edible Centerpiece | 2nd place in Culinary, and Edible Centerpiece
February 4-Cedar Crest in Topeka, KS
- Students will travel to an event at the Governor’s Mansion in Topeka, KS. Students will prepare and then serve dinner.
January 25-Les Arts Culinaires
- Our monthly public restaurant event, Les Arts Culinaires. Dinners are $30 per person and include your choice of entrée, appetizer and dessert. The menu can be found on our website prior to the event. Reservations can be made by calling 913-780-7057.
Jan 18, 2012 – Food Services Winter Event
- Scott Kingery, Director of Food Services wanted to celebrate the Olathe Schools Food Services associates. The Olathe Public Schools Culinary Arts students will prepare and host this event.
December 2-Santa’s Fun Run
Aug 20, 2013-Open House at Olathe North-students purchase uniforms in the restaurant 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Aug 24 & 31, 2013-Country Financial “Chef’s Challenge”- five teams to compete the 1st week and the top three go on to win scholarships in the second week! Located downtown Olathe at the Farmer’s Market.
Aug 29, 2013-Open House Hors’deurves for the Olathe Advanced Technial Center (OATC)-our new neighbor
Sep 6, 2013-Tailgating event at the OE vs ON football game
Sep 26, 2013-Olathe Noon Optimist Dinner
Oct 4 & 5-American Royal (View Pictures of the events)
Oct 10, 2013-City of Olathe (Human Resources) Awards Banquet
Oct 23, 2013-JCCC Career Expo
Oct 25, 2013-Les Arts Culinaires
Nov 22, 2013-Les Arts Culinaires
Dec 6, 2013-Ice Carving-City Of Olathe Event
Dec 8, 2013-Santa’s Fun Run
November 30 – Les Arts Culinaires
- Our monthly public restaurant event, Les Arts Culinaires. Dinners are $30 per person and include your choice of entrée, appetizer and dessert. The menu can be found on our website approximately two weeks prior to the event. Reservations can be made by calling 913-780-7057.
November 12 – 16 Holiday Desserts Bake Sale (order form)
- The culinary students will prepare delicious homemade desserts for you to enjoy with all your holiday meals!
October 5 & 6 – American Royal (Governors Ball and Waddell and Reed)
October 26 – Les Arts Culinaires @ Olathe North High Schools
September 27 – Olathe Noon Optimist annual banquet.