Attendance is a very vital aspect of your students’ success in high school!
In case of an absence, parents/guardians are asked to call the attendance office on or before the date of absence.
(913) 780-7845 – Please leave a voice message. Messages are checked from 7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The following may be recognized as excused absences but must be reported to the attendance office by 3:30 pm
of the day following the absence.
Serious illness or death of a member of the family or close friend
Obligatory religious observances of the students’ own faith
Verified physician or dentist appointments
Emergency situations requiring immediate action
An absence which has been requested in writing and approved in advance by the building administration
- Students are given a 1-minute warning bell to arrive to class on time.
- Any student not arriving to class on time must report to one of 3 tardy tables.
- The student will be given a pass to class (3 per quarter) and assigned a consequence after their 3rd tardy.
- Teacher may assign their own consequences for the first 3 tardies.
- Students will be notified of any unexcused absences in their first hour class (the following day) when they receive a “Red Sheet”.
- Students will be give 23 hours to clean up any attendance issues by way of speaking with teachers and/or having parents call in to report sick days or doctors’ appointments.
- A preferred method to avoid extra work by staff for students is to have parents call in any excused absences prior to the student missing school.
- Students who have unexcused absences will be given consequences beginning with a one hour detention, which if not served would escalate to a Friday school, which if not served would escalate to Out of School Suspension.
- This protocol will follow in line with the consequences of not taking care of excessive tardies by serving the initial one hour detention.