PRT Parent Newsletter
The Husky Tracks (PRT Parent Newsletter) is published monthly and can be accessed by clicking the above link. Please check it out for all the latest Prairie Trail MS information!
What is Edmodo? Edmodo is a social learning network for teachers, students, and parents. It provides teachers and students a secure place to connect, collaborate, share content and educational applications, and access homework, class discussions and notifications. Want more information about Edmodo? Click Here
Hispanic Family College Fair (Bilingual Flyer) on September 27th at 6:30
Welcome to Prairie Trail, home of the Huskies! Our goal is to build upon and continue the rich tradition of Pride, Respect, Teamwork established at Prairie Trail 13 years ago. Through positive relationships and engaging instruction, we aim to provide students with a rich, meaningful experience at PRT. Together we strive for excellence.
I hope the information provided on our website will prove to be helpful. Please do not hesitate to contact us at 913-780-7280 if you have questions or need additional information. Thank you for visiting our website. We look forward to a great 2016-17 school year as we continue to provide a quality middle school experience for our students. We are PRT Family.
Rick Sola, Principal
Upcoming September Events
- Wednesday, the 21st: 7th (away) & 8th (home) VOLLEYBALL against FT
- Thursday, the 22nd: Choir Pictures
- Saturday, the 24th: CROSS COUNTRY Meet @ JCCC
- Saturday, the 24th: Rehearsal for Fall Musical 8:00 - 12:00
- Monday, the 26th: 7th (home) & 8th (away) VOLLEYBALL against CT
- Monday, the 26th: Hispanic Family College Fair @ ON 6:30
- Wednesday, the 28th: 7th (away) & 8th (home) VOLLEYBALL NIGHT GAME against CST
- Thursday, the 29th: 7th (away) & 8th (home) FOOTBALL against FT
- Thursday, the 29th: ONW Homecoming Parade @ 10:30
- Thursday, the 29th: Theater 2 Play @ 7:00
- Friday, the 30th: NO SCHOOL (Professional Day)
- Friday, the 30th: ONW Homecoming Game @ 7:00
- Hour 1: 7:50 - 8:40 a.m
- Hour 2: 8:45 - 9:35 a.m.
- Hour 3: 9:40 - 10:30 a.m.
- Hour 4: 10:35 - 11:25 a.m.
- Hour 5: 11:30 - 12:45 p.m.
- Hour 6: 12:50 - 1:40 p.m.
- Hour 7: 1:45 - 2:35 p.m.
- ICE: 2:40 - 3:10 p.m.
WHAT IS ICE?
ICE -- Instruction, Collaboration, Enrichment -- is a 30-minute period reserved daily for Academic Extensions.
Daily ICE time will focus on:
*Student-to-Student Mentoring~ Increasing school affiliation
*Activities~ Increasing school affiliation
*Academic Support (Guided Study, Tutorials, Teacher Support, Homework Completion)~ Increasing school success
*Advisory~ Increasing adult advocacy, school affiliation, and school success