PRT Parent Newsletter
The Husky Tracks (PRT Parent Newsletter) is published monthly and can be accessed by clicking the above link. Please check it out for all the latest Prairie Trail MS information!
What is Edmodo? Edmodo is a social learning network for teachers, students, and parents. It provides teachers and students a secure place to connect, collaborate, share content and educational applications, and access homework, class discussions and notifications. Want more information about Edmodo? Click Here
5th grade Enrollment Night @ 7:00 in the Auditorium
Welcome to Prairie Trail, home of the Huskies! Our goal is to build upon and continue the rich tradition of Pride, Respect, Teamwork established at Prairie Trail 13 years ago. Through positive relationships and engaging instruction, we aim to provide students with a rich, meaningful experience at PRT. Together we strive for excellence.
I hope the information provided on our website will prove to be helpful. Please do not hesitate to contact us at 913-780-7280 if you have questions or need additional information. Thank you for visiting our website. We look forward to a great 2016-17 school year as we continue to provide a quality middle school experience for our students. We are PRT Family.
Rick Sola, Principal
Upcoming January Events
- Thursday, January 19th:
- 7th (away) & 8th (home) BASKETBALL against Mission Trail
- Newspaper & Yearbook Meeting Informational meeting for next year during ICE in the Auditorium
- Elementary Choir Festival from 9:00-11:00 in the Auditorium
- 6th & 7th grade Parent Enrollment Meeting @ 7:00pm in the Auditorium
- Friday, January 13th:
- Inauguration Day
- Pep Assembly during ICE in the gym
- Sousa Honor Band @ KU from 6:00 - 8:00pm
- Monday, January 23rd:
- 7th (home) & 8th (away) BASKETBALL against Pioneer Trail
- KAY Club will start selling "Fit Sticks"
- Tuesday, January 24th:
- 7th (home) & 8th (away) BASKETBALL against Indian Trail
- 8th grade ONW Theater Workshop Day @ 8:00am
- Hour 1: 7:50 - 8:40 a.m
- Hour 2: 8:45 - 9:35 a.m.
- Hour 3: 9:40 - 10:30 a.m.
- Hour 4: 10:35 - 11:25 a.m.
- Hour 5: 11:30 - 12:45 p.m.
- Hour 6: 12:50 - 1:40 p.m.
- Hour 7: 1:45 - 2:35 p.m.
- ICE: 2:40 - 3:10 p.m.
WHAT IS ICE?
ICE -- Instruction, Collaboration, Enrichment -- is a 30-minute period reserved daily for Academic Extensions.
Daily ICE time will focus on:
*Student-to-Student Mentoring~ Increasing school affiliation
*Activities~ Increasing school affiliation
*Academic Support (Guided Study, Tutorials, Teacher Support, Homework Completion)~ Increasing school success
*Advisory~ Increasing adult advocacy, school affiliation, and school success