- Scholarships are available to Olathe high school seniors from a variety of sources – local, state, regional, and national. Scholarships may be sponsored by civic organizations, business, industry, higher education programs, departments, institutions, and public/private foundations.
- Students are encouraged to check this site regularly for scholarship information and to organize their application process by deadlines.
- Students should work closely with their counselor regarding the necessary documentation requested by the various scholarships.
- Students need to read scholarship requirements carefully and fully adhere to those requirements (especially due dates/deadlines).
- Preparing a well-written essay is one key to a successful application. Students should work with their English/Language Arts teacher to prepare the best writing they are capable of. Many revisions may be necessary to craft a winning general essay that can be easily revised to fit many different scholarships – and worth it!
- Students are also encouraged to complete the free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is completed electronically and access to past income tax returns is needed. Plan to dedicate time to the FAFSA process.
- Students should remember that they must prepare their own scholarship applications. Parents should guide, not do their work!
- Updates are provide regularly to this site. Organizations or businesses wanting to have a scholarship included should contact one of these counselors: Natalie Ryan (Olathe East), Alicia Jackson (Olathe North), Heather Jasper (Olathe Northwest), and Amy Brown (Olathe South)
- Students may also query the word SEARCH for a list of some additional ideas for finding scholarships.
Apply! Apply! Apply! Hard work will be rewarded with winning scholarships!
Written By: teddyirc Date posted: September 19, 2014