The Civic Leadership Academy will be located at Olathe East High School.
Who We Are
Legal Studies & Public Administration
Students in the Civic Leadership 21st Century High School Academy will engage in the world of legal studies and public administration to become leaders equipped to advocate for change and justice and keep society running smoothly. Students in the Civic Leadership Academy will develop the knowledge and skills to lead effectively in the fields of Public Administration and Legal Studies.
- Community builders
- Problem solvers
- Leaders in our school and community
What We Do
- Discover and define individual leadership potential
- Develop employability skills necessary for careers in public service such as law, city/county government, and non-profit organizations
- Learn to think locally and globally when identifying and solving real-world, diverse problems
- Collaborate with dynamic community, corporate, and political leaders
- Explore sources and types of law (including civil and criminal law) in addition to exploring ethics in legal decision making
- Explore effective strategies to manage and motivate people
- More Information: CivicLeadership@olatheschools.org