The Engineering Academy is located at Olathe Northwest High School.
Who We Are
Real world solutions through engineering design
21st Century challenges through technology and teamwork. Empower students to use informed engineering design practices to collaboratively
create responsible and innovative solutions to their current and future challenges, both individual and global. Students in this four-year program:
- Students engage in socially relevant design challenges that make core engineering concepts accessible from the start while illustrating how
engineers solve problems for human benefit.
- Students collaborate to complete a series of design challenges that require purposeful application of relevant STEM concepts.
- Students utilize the engineering approach to solving problems, regardless of whether they decide to pursue engineering as a career.
- Students explore engineering fields and professions such as Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, and much more!
What We Do
- Explore the breadth of engineering fields and professions so
students can decide if engineering is right for them
- Learn authentic engineering practices in a project-based setting
- Work in a deeply collaborative environment
- Discover engineering’s potential to impact human lives and the
world around us
- Build resilient problem-solving skills and empower skills
- Students learn to “think like engineers”
- Students design, create, and improve solutions to solve existing
- More information: Engineering@olatheschools.org or 913.780.7150